It’s the little things that count. True love in the small things. Living missionally is not difficult in the “skill” sense but it is difficult in the “make-it-a-priority” sense. Small, simple, consistent acts of love add up and give God more grace space in which to work. Here are 10 ideas to inspire you this summer!
- Bring one pink balloon to a neighbor who is a breast cancer survivor after a clear mammogram
- Take your neighbor’s trash out to the curb - just because
- Host a neighborhood BBQ
- Get to know your local coffee shop employees by name and something about them and their interests
- Organize a neighborhood clean up, garage sale or service project
- Set up a basketball hoop in your front yard and invite neighbors to play
- Notice: important dates, interests, losses, hobbies, books, flowers, sports, food etc. and follow up on what you notice
- Invite people in your life into favorite activities of yours: sporting events, concerts, trips, entertainment, restaurants etc.
- Get a fire pit so you can invite others over to roast marshmallows, cook sausages and enjoy conversation
- Offer to pet-sit for coworkers or neighbors and do a great job taking care! Leave flowers or breakfast goodies for them upon arrival!
photo credit: Brandon Christopher Warren via photopincc