Bible Read through Coordinator
The Upper Room Church: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
|Position||Bible Read Through Coordinator|
|Location||Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
|Length of Service||Short or Long-term|
|with||Upper Room Church|
|Starting||as soon as possible|
About the Upper Room
Upper Room Church (www.upperroomchurch.co.uk) meets in the West End of Glasgow and is a community of mainly Iranian asylum seekers and refugees. Led by four Communitas staff and supported by an advisory team and ministry workers from within the church, this thriving community of between 200-250 members - we are mainly Iranian in Glasgow! With gatherings in English and Farsi, we are trying to be supportive of the existing language needs of the community while being welcome to everyone. Weekly Bible studies, soon Conversational English Classes and a Women's Bible study are also held in addition to a Thursday evening service. During our Thursday gathering, we have worship, a fellowship meal, Bible teaching and 2 hours of prayer for people!
The key to this role is not that they be an 'answer man/woman' but able to encourage and equip people to read and to resource themselves. We augment people with Discovery Bible Study's or more specific studies (e.g. baptism, for women, etc.) but the key is to get people reading which is counter-cultural.
Essential/Desirable Qualifications & Characteristics
● Desirable is the ability to speak Farsi, Arabic, or French (none of our Communitas staff do!)
● Proactive as opposed to reactive.
● Servant leaders pretty much rock!
● Maintain a learning posture and growing walk with Christ, a positive and encouraging spirit, and a strong commitment to the purpose and values of Communitas and how we serve in Upper Room Church. We’re looking for someone that is a committed follower of Jesus Christ and has a strong commitment to the mission and values of Communitas!
● Work with excellence. Always. At least really try...
● Keep confidential matters strictly confidential.
● Currently involved in a local church and evidence a growing spiritual maturity.
● A self-starter, able to work remotely, and able to handle project management.
● Must be flexible and able to adjust to a changing work environment and challenges.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Systems thinker who enjoys the challenge of building something from ground zero.
How is this role funded?
The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising. Self-employed or bi-vocational teammates are also welcome. Applicants will be asked to go through the Communitas Missionary Candidate Process including fundraising if needed and orientation prior to starting the position. A funding plan for this position will be provided during the deputation process.