- Part Time
Are you enthusiastic about God’s passion to create a community of Christ-followers from all nations? Do you want to be a part of answering Jesus’ prayer to see more workers raised up for the harvest? Would you like to walk with people as they explore God’s leading? We’re looking for someone who will mobilize people to the mission field. This position involves connecting with other students on campus and helping them lean into their sense of God’s calling on their life. You’ll be part of a small team that helps students discern and move towards serving the Lord internationally. A wide range of skills and abilities are desired: creativity, shepherding, passion, an ability to keep processes moving, relational tact and personal organization. This is a part-time position, which could work as an internship (3-18 months). We’re looking for someone that is a committed follower of Jesus Christ and has a strong commitment to the mission and values of Communitas. Does that sound like you?
This is a part-time position.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The Campus Mobilizer role would involve:
- Creating awareness of who we are, what we do and how others might get involved
- Using creative ways to engage students on your campus
- Casting vision for missionary service
- Being part of a greater international community that is involved in church planting
- Gaining experience and skills in coaching and discipling
We’d prefer the following, but are open to things being a little different…
- Able to communicate so everyone can understand what you are trying to say…
- Be you! Being someone else all day is exhausting and God made you wonderful!
- Proactive as opposed to reactive.
- Servant leaders pretty much rock!
- Have a burning desire to make God famous among the nations.
- Maintain a learning posture and growing walk with Christ, a positive and encouraging spirit, and a strong commitment to the purpose and values of Communitas.
- Work with excellence. Always. At least really try…
- Keep confidential matters strictly confidential.
- Involved in a local church and evidence a growing spiritual maturity.
- A self-starter, able to work remotely, and able to handle project management.
- Prefer international missionary or living experience, but not required
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to a changing work environment and challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Average to excellent computer skills including use of social media and cloud-based software for communications and file sharing (Google Docs).
The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising. Self-employed or bi-vocational teammates are also welcome. The applicant will go through our on-boarding process, be provided fund-raising support and training, as needed.
Belief and Commitment
“Jesus committed his disciples to mobilization when he told them to pray for more laborers for the
harvest. We get to play a part in seeing Jesus’ prayer answered. In a sense, we are like sheepdogs,
exhorting the sheep to follow the Shepherd into his harvest fields. ”
-Scott, Communitas Global Mobilization Team Leader