The Co-Directors of People Care and Formation (PCF) are responsible for the implementation of global PCF functions and services and champion a culture of care and formation within the organization. The Co-Directors of PCF help Communitas fulfill its mission by promoting healthy practices, values, and resources that a) help our people develop their own self-care systems that proactively deal with stress, conflict, transition, and the normal challenges of life, b) create an environment where everyone can “raise their hands” to ask for additional support and resources beyond their care system when needed, c) develop a PCF Team that provides opportunities for care and formation, and d) promote reciprocity that leads each member to become an integral part of another member’s care system.
The Co-Director of PCF is also responsible for leading the way in fostering spiritual formation among Communitas in order to support their thriving in context and fulfilling God’s call in their lives.
The Co-Director of PCF may come alongside staff on an individual basis by providing coaching, mentoring, care, or processing as needed. The role serves as an advisor and collaborator to the regional PCF leaders to advocate for holistic well-being with national staff and affiliates and as well as seek resources for the people of Communitas.
Co-Director of People Care and Formation Distinctions:
When we say care, we are talking about caring for the holistic well-being of our people. When we say formation, we are specifically talking about the spiritual formation of our people. We’ve chosen the word “people” as we want this to include all of those connected to Communitas, whether full-time staff, part-time, bi-vocational, or affiliate.
A PDF of the complete job description is available HERE
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Communitas International, and a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Meets elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 (gender inclusive)
- Theologically sound and in full agreement with Communitas’ Statement of Faith and positional papers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and preferably a Masters in a related field and/or a demonstrated desire for continued education in the areas of organizational and ministerial leadership
- Proven leadership, team leadership and development, and management ability in a mission-setting
- Forward-thinking and able to develop and execute plans with concrete targets and goals.
- Specific training and exposure to member care philosophy, strategies, and best practices currently in place within the mission community
- Strong commitment to principles of lifelong development
- Strong commitment to healthy marriage and families, familiar with the specific needs of Third Culture parenting/ children
- Good to excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good to excellent computer skills and experience, preferably with experience using Microsoft Office applications, online databases, Zoom, and Google Workspace
- Able to work independently and stay on track with agreed deadlines and goals
- Mature in character, has respect and trust of Communitas leadership
- Handles confidential information appropriately and wisely
- Able to establish trust and rapport with missionaries, to be a ‘safe counsel’
- Understand Communitas’ organizational culture
- A background check is required
The position is support-funded. The Co-Director of PCF must be prepared to develop ministry partner support for this role. A support plan for this position will be established in consultation with HR.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of inquiry and current resume/CV to Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Please note: This position requires personal fundraising for salary and benefits. Following initial interviews, candidates will be asked to complete an application, assessment profiles and background check.
Belief and Commitment