- Chief Operating Officer
Works Closely With
- Mobilization, Operations and People Systems teams, field staff and executive team
- Website coordinator, Social Media coordinator, Videographer, Contracted writers
- Full Time
- Part Time
This position oversees all aspects of the organization’s external marketing and communication, with primary growth expectations around (1) Recruiting more missionaries for Kingdom impact, and (2) raising unrestricted funding for the organization. The roll establishes an overall marketing and branding plan and coordinates all aspects of marketing the ministry.
Oversight includes the Communitas website, gathering and development of life-change/impact stories from the mission, article publishing, external social media marketing and engagement, marketing purchases, and more. This role will also supervise or manage outsourced media production, to include video production as needed.
Roll is responsible to manage the Communication expense budget. This is a full-time or part-time role, depending on experience and availability, and has the opportunity to grow from part-time to full time at the discretion and desire of the employee and supervisor.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Communitas’ marketing strategy externally:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy toward recruiting new missionaries, donors and broad engagement by Communitas in the Christian marketplace
- With senior leadership, manage external marketing/communication message by telling compelling stories from the field
- Publish monthly external online newsletter Connections
- Plan for and implement other publishing and marketing opportunities
- Build relationships with field staff to facilitate and encourage gathering of “changed life” stories from the field for sharing in various venues
- Maintains oversight and management of website(s), including maintaining current content, staff profile pages, opportunity pages, future website upgrades/redesigns, and owned URLs
- Maintains oversight and management of all social media to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding Communitas ministry, mission, and stories through the use of online communities.
- Oversee/coordinate video production as required
- Research and coordinate podcasting and other messaging opportunities
- Manage communication internally:
- Work with Training director to develop and update online training modules
- Coordinate internal newsletter, Inside Communitas
- Facilitate “Communitas Front Porch” on Facebook and other internal social media
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains a learning posture and growing walk with Christ.
- Maintains a positive and encouraging spirit.
- Maintains a strong commitment to the mission, vision, values and statement of faith of Communitas.
- Maintains a commitment to excellence and service orientation.
- Maintains absolute discretion in matters of confidentiality.
- Maintains Ministry Partner Development in order to have sustainable mission support.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of Communitas International, and a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Meets elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 (gender inclusive)
- Theologically sound and in full agreement with Communitas’ Statement of Faith and positional papers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and preferably a Masters in a related field and/or a demonstrated desire for continued education in the areas of organizational and ministerial leadership
- A self-starter, able to work remotely, and able to handle project management across multiple departments.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write well-constructed, engaging, and grammatically correct blog posts and stories
- Media production experience and ability
- Preferred international missionary or living experience, particularly in a self-support environment
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to a changing work environment and challenges.
- Excellent computer software skills including use of Excel, Word, Skype and Google docs, as well as appropriate design and video-editing software
- A self starter, able to work independently
- Systems thinker who enjoys the challenge of building and implementing a marketing strategy from ground up
- A background check is required
This position is support-funded. The Marketing Director must be prepared to seek personal donor support for this role. A support plan for this position will be established in consultation with Human Resources.
Belief and Commitment
All staff need to maintain a strong commitment to our:
Statement of Faith
Statement on Gender Equality
Statement on Racial Equity
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. The complete Job Description can be downloaded on this page (right hand margin), as well.
Please note: This position requires personal fundraising for salary and benefits. Following initial conversations, candidates will be asked to complete an application, assessment profiles and background check.