- Chief Mobilization Officer
Works Closely With
- Senior Leadership Team
- Mission Support Team
- Global Mobilizers
- Regional Mobilizers
- Full Time
The Director of Mobilization is primarily tasked with creating and stewarding the process and means to direct people into serving within our global mission. Working in close conjunction with the field ministry team and executive leadership, including the president, you will build a team that will “shepherd God’s people toward their calling” and will coach potential new missional staff considering Communitas. You will create numerous opportunities for engagement with Communitas and our mission, including speaking and other engagement events, short term experiences and internships, and more.
For full details, please download the Job Description on this page, and feel free to reach out to us with any questions at all at HR@gocommunitas.org.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Provide overall direction to the Global Mobilization Team in accomplishing the vision and mission of Communitas. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Oversee the mobilization/deployment of staff across our global regions:
- Working together with executive and regional leaders, coaches and field staff to develop appropriate mobilization strategies and goals
- Effectively recruit and supervise mobilization team staff members
- Facilitating strategic input from national leaders and indigenous endeavors
- Measuring progress and budget management for the department.
- Creating/organizing effective short-term and long-term programs
- Gather all the resources needed to complete the ministry goals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Recruiting new field personnel for short-term, mid-term, and long-term service
- With a team, establishing effective, mutually beneficial partnerships with US and non-US based churches, colleges/seminaries, denominations and non-profits
- Raising financial resources
- Positively represent Communitas culture and opportunities amidst work with schools, seminaries and potential partner organizations
- Participate as an executive leader within the Sending Division of Communitas, engaging in the strategic and tactical implementation of the mission of Communitas worldwide
- Participate in telling the stories well, celebrating good news internally and externally
- Appropriate stewarding of mobilization budget
- Assure significant time on personal Ministry Partner Development; during some seasons, this may increase significantly, depending on funding levels.
- Maintain sufficient support levels to allow for full salary is encouraged, as determined by a support plan; minimal support levels are required
- As needed, engage in coaching around MPD training and accountability
- Hold direct reports accountable for their MPD funding
- Additional projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintains a learning posture and growing walk with Christ.
- Maintains a positive and encouraging spirit.
- Maintains a strong commitment to the mission, vision, values and statement of faith of Communitas.
- Maintains a commitment to excellence and service orientation.
- Maintains absolute discretion in matters of confidentiality.
- Maintains Ministry Partner Development in order to have sustainable mission support.
We seek a godly person residing in or willing to relocate to the United States with outstanding people skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and direct, successful experience in ministry and missions, particularly in recruiting new missionaries. He or she will have a proven track record of team building and facilitation. Also important are the following:
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of Communitas International, and a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Meets elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 (gender inclusive)
- Theologically sound and in full agreement with Communitas’ Statement of Faith and positional papers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and preferably a Masters in a related field and/or a demonstrated desire for continued education in the areas of organizational and ministerial leadership
- Proven leadership, team leadership and development, and management ability in a missions setting
- Forward thinking and able to develop and execute plans with concrete targets and goals
- Ministry experience in both US and international contexts, as well as within a self-support environment, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to craft partnerships and collaborative projects in international contexts
- Proven team management experience, virtual team experience a plus
- Ability to thrive in a remote work setting and expertly lead teams and meetings in a virtual environment
- Involved in a local community of faith, with active engagement in relationships with non-Christians
- Good to excellent software skills, preferred experience with Google docs, Microsoft office, Skype, Zoom
- Flexible schedule to accommodate meetings across multiple time zones
- Ability to work remotely and independently with limited supervision, self motivated and disciplined
- Ability to travel internationally one-three times per year; domestically five or more times per year
- Ability to effectively initiate and manage change
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and well versed in missiological thought and praxis
- A background check is required
This position is support-funded. The Global Mobilization Director must be prepared to seek personal donor support for this role. A support plan for this position will be established in consultation with Human Resources.
An expense budget for this position is made available from the general fund; however, additional fundraising for the role is necessary.
Belief and Commitment
All staff need to maintain a strong commitment to our:
Statement of Faith
Statement on Gender Equality
Statement on Racial Equity
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.
Please note: This position requires personal fundraising for salary and benefits. Following initial conversations, candidates will be asked to complete an application, assessment profiles and background check.