Communitas International seeks a Planting Pastor to start and sustain a missionally-focused community of faith.
Communitas International seeks a Planting Pastor to start and sustain a missionally-focused community of faith. Communitas has been planting churches worldwide for almost 50 years. The Planting Pastor will follow the proven methodology employed by the Communitas network of churches of embedding, initiating, practicing, maturing, hubbing, and extending to pattern the church and its community life, while also enjoying great flexibility to adapt to the specific cultural contexts of the area. The preferred candidate will have prior church-planting experience or extensive education in the areas of missional theology and practice. The efforts of the Planting Pastor will result in a thriving, self-sustaining, authentic, discipleship-oriented, outward-facing and reproducing community of faith in 3 to 5 years.
- Embrace and embody the vision and values of Communitas International; placing a high priority on your personal gospel life and mission. (practicing the values of the Kingdom) For more information visit https://gocommunitas.org/
- Passion to share life with others; an incarnational, missional approach to ministry, an understanding of group based ecclesiology, and the ability to identify with, understand and have an affinity for the next generation of “church.”
- An understanding of the issues, needs, and worldview of current postmodern culture, including the ability to relate to and communicate well within that culture.
- Capable of identifying, recruiting, training, equipping, encouraging and motivating future Church leaders in ministry development. This must include a passion for helping people emerge in ministry, both at the local level and beyond.
- Candidate will complete the Communitas onboarding and assessment process.
- Have a solid grasp of the Communitas Dynamic Adventure workbook and apply the embed, initiate, practice, mature, hub, and extend ideals to facilitate the initial and on-going life of the church.
- Demonstrated successful experience working as a member of a highly functioning team. A self-starter with a vision of what is needed to staff and direct life-changing ministry.
- An intense heart for discipleship along with the belief that small group ministry is one of the keys to a thriving community of believers.
- Experience in pastoral counseling/spiritual direction and mentoring/ coaching along with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Competency in preaching/teaching.
- BA/BS preferred, advanced theological training or education a plus.
All of our Church Planter roles are support funded. Communitas will help with coaching and support as the Church Planter develops a support base. Once selected as a Church Planter, a Support Plan will be developed and the new staff member will be required to raise 80% of the support before launching into the above ministry related responsibilities of the church plant.
For more information, please contact Andrea Asher (email@example.com) or fill out the form below.
Belief and Commitment