Exploring and creating ways for the church to effectively serve the city — reaching out in favelas (slums), cleaning up neighborhoods, throwing parties, creating after-school programs for kids, tutoring English, etc.
This opportunity is long term (3 years+) preferred, but shorter commitments are possible.
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of Communitas and a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Average to excellent computer skills including use of social media and cloud based software for communications and file sharing. Applicants must provide their own working device ( tablet, laptop or desk computer)
- Be willing and eager! Have the desire and excitement to not only come to São Paulo, but willing to be involved in the city, in the culture, with the people, love on them well & serve them.
- Show the love of Christ wherever you are, whatever you do.
- Be adaptable. Be as flexible as possible to adapt to change and be positive with it.
- Be teachable and willing to step out of what is comfortable. Come prepared to learn from this experience and have God stretch you.
- Conversational Portuguese will be necessary for living (can be learned on the field), but ministry will primarily be done in English.
The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising. Self-employed or bi-vocational teammates are also welcome. Applicants will be asked to go through Communitas’ Missionary Candidate Process including deputation (fundraising) if needed and orientation prior to starting the position. A funding plan for this position will be provided during the deputation process.
Belief and Commitment